Friday 30 October 2015

B. NFTS and Warner Bros - Day 6

29th October



Today we went to two organisations, NFTS and Warner Bros. We started off at NFTS, where we were given a talk and tour by Shola Amoo. It was amazing seeing the school, and learning about all of the alumni who had graduated and gone on to work on major movies, such as Guardians of the Galaxy and Gone Girl. We were then shown around the school, and I found it amazing seeing all of the equipment they owned. Although the school is for people doing their masters degrees, Shola told us about the Craft Residentials held there, that are aimed for people our age. They sound like amazing experiences, and I think I try for one next year.


We then went to Warner Bros. Firstly we explored the Harry Potter studios, and I found the level of detail in the sets absolutely incredible. Seeing the studio really inspired me, and increased my drive to get into the film industry.





We then got a talk from Dan Dark, who works at Warner Bros. I found his journey really inspiring, and his talk made me realise that I don't need to know where I am going exactly, as I can try out many different positions. He also made me realise the importance of knowing how to sell myself to employers, and of never taking no for an answer. His talk was very inspiring, and really ignited my desire to work in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment